THE ORIGINS OF THE RIFUGIO ALIMONTA
It all began with Angelo Alimonta (1851 - 1931), a native of Borzago (present-day part of Spiazzo), who even as a boy proved himself an expert of the area and established himself as the first of the Alimonta family's mountain guides. He became so well known that he even regularly accompanied Princess Elizabeth of Wittelsbach, the famous "Sissi," on her summer walks in Madonna di Campiglio.
Among the places he used to go, his favorite was the glacial amphitheater of the Vedretta degli Armi, surrounded by the Torre di Brenta, Cima degli Armi, Cima Molveno and Gemelli. Here, having become a grandfather, he would also bring his grandson Giglio, confiding to him that this was the most beautiful place in the Brenta. And this Giglio remembered, deciding to build the Rifugio Alimonta there in 1968, together with his sons Ezio and Fiore.
Angelo, Ernesto (1884 - 1963), Giglio (1914 - 2010) and Ezio (1945): from father to son, the love for the mountains and the mountain guiding profession have been passed down through generations.
The Rifugio Alimonta carries with it the lives of these people, as well as preserving the memory of those who with hard work and passion have managed the mountain hut over the years, welcoming Guests from all over the world.
The pearl of the place is Nini's Bell. Nini, Ezio's wife, was an invaluable support to the mountain hut since 1970 and passed away suddenly while still young. She, with her smile and affability, knew how to win every heart.